France - Val d'Isere
Competitive Salary + Flexible hours + Flights + Insurance
An experienced bookkeeper is required working for a high end catered chalet organisation in a central office while on secondment in Val d’Isere, France from October 2012 to the middle of May 2013. You will report to the Financial Controller who is also based in Val d’Isere. You will be mainly working independently so it is essential that you are self motivated and confident working to your own initiative. Candidates must have the ability to analyse data and report findings in an accurate and professional manner.
- Assisting the Financial Controller in training the chalet managers (and assistant managers) on all accounts areas the training course.
- Providing on-going training for current and new managers throughout the season.
- Managing all cash and expenses to budget during the training courses, and to complete and process the accounts pack on a weekly basis.
- Allocating and recording stock usage during the training course, with sole access to stock until allocated to individual chalets.
- Assisting and supporting the chalet managers with their weekly accounts.
- Processing the chalet accounts packs on a weekly basis and providing a correct import journal.
- Reconciling the chalet bank withdrawals and deposits against the French bank statement.
- Ensuring client end of week billing is being processed correctly.
- Assistance with owner week billing.
- Ensuring all monies have been collected for the client end of week bills and reconciling credit
card payments against the French bank statement.
Collating all accounts packs paperwork.
- Ensuring all suppliers have been paid prior to the client’s departures.
- Collecting the final totals of bookings with suppliers for our commissions record.
- Ensuring correct nightly guest numbers have been recorded for taxe de sejour declarations
- Review weekly actual to budget figures for each chalet and feedback to area managers and operations manager
- Allocating and recording start of season stock
- Recording in season deliveries and allocating to chalets
- Ensuring stock usage is recorded and at acceptable levels
- Raising discrepancies with the area managers
- Recording internal transfers from main stock/chalets
- Creating month stock journals for Sage
- Administrative support to the chalets, area managers, operations manager and financial controller as required
We are looking for the following key personal qualities and attributes:
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Highly professional
- Team player
Skills and abilities required
Apart from a natural flair with numbers, other skills that are required for this position include:
- High level of numeracy and accuracy
- Good concentration
- An eye for detail
- Good prioritisation skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Strong Excel and MS Office skills
- Knowledge of Sage Line 50 is essential
- To be honest, discreet and trustworthy
- Fluent English with conversational French (preferred)
- Full clean driving license