Klosters or Zermatt, Switzerland
competitive salary + accommodation + lift pass + bonus
Exceptional Chef required in 5* luxury chalets in the Swiss Alps this coming winter. Please note this is a standby position and you must be able to come out to the resort at short notice should a position become available.
This is a diverse and extremely challenging “hands on” role with overall responsibility for every aspect of the chalet catering experience. The main objective is to deliver world-class food and to create unique and memorable holiday experiences for every client.
- Total and overall responsibility for the chalet kitchen, including health and hygiene, safety, organisation and equipment
- Cooking a Michelin star standard menu, liaising with guests to see what they want, whether a 7 course gastronomic feast, or sausage and mash by the fire
- Cooking breakfast and afternoon tea, canapes and homemade ski room snacks
- Management of the very generous food budgets
You will be sharing accommodation.
A unique opportunity to experience the mountains in the winter.
Skills and experience required:
- previous 5 star hospitality experience
- Ability to work all sections of the kitchen on your own
- Health and Hygiene certificate
- excellent interpersonal skills
- excellent organisation/time management skills
- basic administrative and accounting skills
- full, clean driving license
- conversational French, German or Italian (preferred)
Key personal qualities and attributes:
- positive and flexible attitude
- highly professional with a 5 star service mentality
- great attention to detail
- team player
Please note all applicants must have an EU passport. Please include a photo.