Les Arcs & La Plagne
High £ + bonus + commission + full board accommodation + travel + ski hire + lift pass + insurance + access to company vehicles
Independent chalet firm require chalet couples (chef and host). We offer an above-average salary, end-of-season bonus, free accommodation & lift pass plus other benefits.
At Alpine365 we’re looking for experienced and enthusiastic couples (or two friends) to run and manage our four chalets in Les Arcs & La Plagne. If a couple, you will ideally be married, or have been together for at least two years. One of the couple will be a chef, the other will be our chalet host/hostess – you would between you be responsible for managing an individual chalet.
The chef will be professionally trained, with proven experience in restaurants, and be able to cook to a very high standard for anything up to 16 guests, six days of the week, throughout the season. The food should be presented beautifully, and work within a specific budget.
The chalet host role will involve looking after our highly valued guests, making them feel welcome and happy in the chalet that will become their home for the week. Your main role will involve maintaining extremely high standards of cleanliness, which will involve daily cleaning throughout the chalet. You will also be “front of house” at meals, ensuring that the quality of the food delivered by the chef is matched by your levels of service. Previous experience in catering and hospitality is a real bonus, but not a pre-requisite for an applicant with the right level of drive, a positive outlook to work, and an ability to get on with people of all ages, from children to grandparents.
- Offering warm hospitality and looking after guests during their stay
- Creating a weekly menu to include breakfast with cooked option, afternoon tea with homemade cakes, and a 4-course evening meal 6 days a week (including cheese course)
- Canapés or amuse-bouche at least twice a week
- Preparing, laying out, plating up and clearing of all meals
- Daily cleaning and tidying of the chalet (making beds, cleaning bathrooms, kitchen and any shared space in the chalet)
- Weekly cleaning of chalet on change-over day, preparing for the arrival of new guests
- Weekly stock-take, and shopping for food, according to a budget and guest levels
- Maintaining and observing all hygiene, health and safety standards
- Clearing snow and ice from steps, paths and parking spots
- Preparing kindling and laying and lighting fires most evenings
- Occasional driving of guests in company vehicles to and from ski lifts
- Arranging and delivering list passes to guests as required by Alpine365 Ad-hoc other duties as required
The chef must be professionally trained with proven experience in restaurants. You will almost certainly be working in a cheffing role now, or at least in the very recent past.
The host/hostess would ideally have hospitality experience, either front of house or in housekeeping, but more importantly you will have an outgoing personality, be able to interact with guests of all ages and nationalities, be friendly, happy and smiling.
Both chef and host will have proven levels of conscientiousness, and should be able to clearly demonstrate an ability to work on their own initiative.
You will both need a passport, UK National Insurance Number, and a UK bank account. And ideally at least one of you will hold a clean, valid drivers’ licence and be over the age of 25 (for car insurance purposes).
Potential staff will initially be interviewed by Skype, and successful candidates will then need to attend a face-to-face in